Greetings! If you are reading this you must be this year’s Secret Santa! If you aren’t my Secret Santa you must just be interested in me, which is fine: I’m an interesting person. In lieu of immaterial desires (i.e. friends, superpowers, more time to write on TAY) I will be providing a list of interests in order to best guide or inform you, Secret Santa and/or interested person.
I’m an artist and a scholar. I prefer a minimalist style, and it carries through with how I decorate. I have an appreciation for unique and rare things. Things that have stories or were crafted with passion. I drink tea at home, but coffee when I’m out and about. I’m a morning person and I rely on my Mac to accomplish pretty much any work. I don’t have a PC so little to no PC gaming for me (unfortunately). I love a good coffee table/ art book. There was a time when I wanted to be a paleontologist. Outer space fascinates me. I have a long shelf I need to fill with memories and meaningful trinkets, so those are some good places to start.
A quick note: Please no clothes.
Franchises I Love (Gaming and Non-Gaming)
- Metroid: Samus Aran will always hold a special place in my heart. I haven’t been shy about my love of the Prime series, and I’m still hoping for a good sequel on the switch. Hopefully Federation Force is setting that up story-wise.
- Animal Crossing: I’ve been playing the Animal Crossing series since it’s American debut on the gamecube. I remember leaving my Gamecube on overnight because I didn’t have a memory card to save my town on... man... memory cards... those were some days! Anyways, I’m I’m still playing Animal Crossing to this day (not the original mind you). The update has reinvigorated my love for the series.
- Kirby: This pink puffball is the cutest ever, and his games have always brought me joy. Then stress as I try to collect everything. Then joy again when I 100% it.
- The Legend of Zelda: I especially love Wind Waker. Best Zelda game ever. Makar is a favorite character of mine.
- Pokemon: I’ve been with the series since the beginning. Also Team Mystic is the only logical choice.
- Star Trek: I started watching it years ago on a whim, expecting the campiness to turn me away. I found myself falling in love with the characters and positive ideologies they espoused. Data is my spirit animal.
- Mass Effect: EDI and Legion are my spirit animals. I have a soft spot for AI because of them. Also that universe is fantastic. I’m stoked for Andromeda!
- Steven Universe: The characters and stories that this show has are the best and most meaningful I’ve had in my life in a long time. It and Adventure Time have been helping me deal with complicated personal and relationship issues and I feel like I’ve come out stronger for the sometimes-too-real lessons they’ve taught.
Things I Collect
- Amiibo: I’ve already collected all of the ones released to date (except Giant Yarn Yoshi, Shovel Knight, Gold Megaman), but I appreciate cool display options. I have had my eye on these nifty NES cartridge display stands for the 8-bit ones I have.
- Mewtwo Cards (From the Pokemon TCG): Yes, specifically Mewtwo. I decided it was more cost effective to collect a single kind instead of buying more and moar and MOAR booster packs. I do not have a list of these.
- Lego: I have a small collection (orgainized by color and block type) of Lego that I use to stimulate my creative juices from time to time. I’m not so much a fan of themed sets as much as the boxes that come with the basic bricks or even those overly expensive base plates.
- Badges/Lapel/Hat Pins: Think The World Ends With You, or maybe like the ones in that free 3DS game Nintendo Badge Arcade. I get them from places I’ve been or things that I love or are important to me. These one’s designed after the Pokémon gym badges are pretty cool too.
Systems I Own
- Wii U, 3DS, Mac